Growth and success for the Finnish food industry
The Finnish Food and Drink Industries' Federation (ETL) represents Finnish companies in the food and drink industries in labour market and industry policy contexts. The aim of the federation is to influence the operating environment of the field to accommodate the success of companies in Finland and to also help them extend their activities to the international market.
The Finnish Food and Drink Industries' Federation
- Concludes collective agreements in the industry and gives advice on labour legislation
- Follows legislation on foodstuff and environment
- Cooperates in the value chain of the food and drink industry
- Follows the development of the food and drink industry
- Provides information and training on current issues
- Arranges the Finnish Food Congress and the Finnish Food of the Year contest
Finnish Food and Drink Industries' Federation has 260 member companies and cooperation agreement with the Finnish Bakery Federation and the Finnish Meat trade Association.The activities of companies within the spheres of the ETL cover the majority of food and drink industry production in Finland.
Experts of the federation are very familiar with the food and drink industry and its operating environment and follow the development of the field from a number of viewpoints. ETL maintains communication with its member companies and works in close cooperation with those involved in the food processing chain and with societal decision-makers in Finland and the EU.
Strategic aims and vision
ETL has three strategic aims:
1. Effective labour markets
2. A legislative environment enabling success
3. Sustainable growth in the food industry
ETL’s vision is that the Finnish food industry is a growth industry that succeeds in international competition and strong changes of its operational environment.
The operations model of ETL